Where to Begin When Planning a Wedding
So you’re engaged! Congrats!
But now what?
At this point in your wedding planning, your to-do list can be a tad bit overwhelming. However, by doing the three things listed below you’ll be able to get on the right track to having your dream day become a reality.
1. Determine The Style Of Your Wedding
Yes, there are a ton of details to figure out, but first you need to get an overall picture of what you’d like.
When you envision the look and feel of your wedding, what do you see?
Rustic? Shabby Chic? Country Western? Modern? Elegant? Casual?
Remember, you want your wedding to be reflective of you and your future husband’s personal style. So take some time to sit down together and write down what different things you would each like to have in your wedding from decor to food to attire.
There are no hard and fast rules about what you can and can’t have in your wedding so be sure to include what you want.
After all, it is a day to celebrate the commitment between the two of you so it should reflect that love!
2. Set The Numbers
Now that you have your style determined, there are a few key questions that you need to answer right away:
- What is your budget?
- This is vital to every decision that will be made in the time to come. Determine how much you would like/will be able to spend and how much of that amount you want to go to each aspect of your wedding.
- How many guests are you planning on inviting?
- Make that guest list ASAP.
- You’ll need to know this when you book your venue, decide on your menu, order your invites, etc. Also keep in mind that this number may have to be adjusted according to your answer to the first question.
- How many members would you like in your wedding party?
- Figure out how many bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, etc. you will have next to you on the big day.
- What are three possible dates that you would like to get married on?
- Look at your calendar and pick at least three possible dates that would work. By having more than one date available when you contact your venue will ensure that you get a date in the books earlier on.
3. Start Brainstorming
Brides-To-Be, Pinterest is going to be your best friend!
Start by typing in your theme and seeing what comes up. Then go from there and have a blast! Begin saving images that you like and perhaps consider starting a wedding binder if you don’t want to bring your iPad or computer along. All of these images will come in handy when you meet with vendors, go dress shopping, etc.
So there you have it – the three things that you need to begin doing to start the process of planning your dream wedding!
Trust us, if you get these things done in the beginning it will make the rest of the planning a breeze!
Of course, if you have any questions about having a wedding at Faulkner’s Ranch please give us a call at 816-761-5055 or visit the wedding section of our website.